Research Associate – Microbial Metabolic Engineering and Fermentation
We are currently looking for a scientist to support projects related to metabolic engineering of microbial secondary metabolites. The candidate is expected to have a strong background in microbial fermentation optimization and molecular biology.
- Routinely perform molecular biology techniques such as primer design, PCR, DNA cloning, plasmid mini-prep, cell transformation, fermentation operation, and other more advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Perform sample preparation, downstream product purification and run routine analyses with HPLC and GC instruments.
- Routinely tracking and documenting results in laboratory notebooks and databases.
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results.
- A Bachelor with three year experiences or Master’s degree in molecular biology, fermentation, or other related field with relevant industrial experience.
- Strong background in microbial fermentation optimization is highly preferred.
- Work experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques for metabolite detection such as HPLC is preferred.
- Must be highly-motivated and able to work independently.
- Required education: Master’s degree or Bachelor with three year experiences
Contact Information: Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Please add “Research Associate” in the subject line.